Thursday, April 1, 2010

Old school Videos

I got very caught up in the "Watching my opponents movement" thing that I forgot to be patient and let opportunities come to me.
Watching KDJ's Marth reminded me that waiting is how to play some matchups.
Now there is a time to just run up grab etc but it's not all the time. I definetly need to bait more. Even Watching Amsah vs M2k. M2k wouldn't just pressure Amsah with guarenteed stuff. He would bait jumps (waiting) even on offense.

A couple of notes
-React to rolls better
-Use more mind game pressure
-Use Shield better
-Fsmash otherway
-Have a gameplan for every match up
-Tipper f-air vs Shiek
-Use platforms and move around more.
-Rolling is okay in guarenteed situations
I got really used to Lucien punishing extraneious movement in my game that I kinda removed alot of it from my game. Movement is good but doing it out of impulse is a bad idea against some players. Then some players won't even get near you if spam f-air. Smash is wierd like that.
I think my biggest problem is having multiple mind-sets through out my match. Maybe that's a practice thing, where I am trying to concioussly improve a facet in my game.
For example- Punishing Dash dashes.
Some time I get carried away and that's all I look for.
Sometimes I feel like reacting puts me in ''losing situation'' where if I don't react then I lost because of that. Thing is though, great players blend every aspect in there game and no one is perfect. Where one player saw a run up grab another player sees an opportunity to bait a jump.
Safe movement isn't really safe because someone could be baiting that movement. That's what is crazy about smash, nothing is black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment